Money Troubles? PECO Can Help
PECO helps customers afford their energy bills
MORE IN THIS SECTION
During temporary crises or extended financial hardships, people still need to heat, cool, and light their homes. PECO has programs to help eligible customers in need stay energized and save money:
- Customer Assistance Program (CAP): A monthly credit based on total household gross income and energy usage.
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP): A federal grant available annually from November to April.
- Matching Energy Assistance Fund (MEAF): Up to $500 funded by voluntary customer contributions customers and a dollar-for-dollar match from PECO.
- Low Income Usage Reduction Program (LIURP): Virtual or in-home energy assessments supporting conservation and weatherization.
- Customer Assistance and Referral Evaluation Services (CARES): Guidance for customers with special needs or extenuating circumstances.
- Homeowner Utility Assistance Program: Up to $3,000 or 24 months of debt, spread across all utilities, and administered by the Pennsylvania Housing Assistance Fund.
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP): Help for renters (in Pennsylvania counties excluding Philadelphia) dealing with financial challenges to avoid eviction or loss of utility service.
While program eligibility is typically based on income and energy usage, other qualifiers may include being the PECO residential electric customer who personally receives the bill, and giving permission to make energy-saving upgrades at the residence.
“As energy costs continue to rise across the nation, we’re proud to offer payment options and financial assistance programs to help empower our customers to take charge and keep the power on in their homes,” said Funmi Williamson, PECO senior vice president and Chief Customer Officer. “This broad range of assistance programs reflects our unwavering commitment to our customers and the communities we serve.”
For help paying your PECO bill, contact PECO at 1-800-494-4000 to provide proof of income and determine your eligibility for financial assistance programs. PECO also provides around-the-clock interpretation in 140 languages; PECO bills in Braille and large type font; telecommunications devices for the hearing impaired; and the PECO website in English, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese.
Reduce Your Bill – Manage Your Energy Costs
With an online PECO account, you can make well-informed energy choices that can make a difference in managing your energy costs:
- Track your energy usage each day, week, month, and year to see how small changes can impact your bill.
- Update your home profile to see where you’re using the most energy.
- Create alerts for high usage and invoice due dates.
- Get advice on reducing energy costs based on home size and individual energy habits.
- View your usage compared to similar customers.
- Set up payment preferences such as e-Bill, AutoPay, and budget billing.
Know Your Rights
As a Pennsylvania PECO customer, you have rights such as receiving safe, reliable utility service and clear, concise bills. In return, you’re responsible to pay your bills on time and ensure access to the meter. Additional protections apply to victims of domestic abuse, people in low-income households, and households where someone is seriously ill.