James Beard Foundation set to bring Taste America Gala event to Philly in March 2023
The 10th annual event highlights some of the region’s most renowned chefs, and brings food lovers from all backgrounds together.
MORE IN THIS SECTION
The James Beard Foundation’s Taste America culinary series will be making a stop in Philadelphia this March.
Taste America celebrates chefs and local independent restaurants at the heart of our communities, bringing together chefs and food lovers for unique culinary experiences across 20 U.S. cities.
Now in its 10th year, the series highlights the richness and diversity of local food culture across America, while spotlighting chefs who are uniquely aligned to the Foundation’s mission.
To celebrate national community, host and visiting chefs are paired together for a chance to innovate and collaborate across different cities.
The event will be hosted by Chutatip ‘Nok’ Suntaranon, owner of Kalaya, and will feature tasting stations from some of Philadelphia’s most highly regarded industry leaders.
Featured chefs include:
- Kiki Aranita, chef and owner of Poi Dog
- Jezabel Careaga, founder of Jezebel’s
- Eli Collins, executive chef at a.kitchen + bar
- Kurt Evans, partner at CYL Hospitality Group and co-founder of Everybody Eats Philly
- Tonii Hicks & Jacob Trinh, 2021 Beard House Fellows
- Thanh Nguyen, owner of Gabriella’s Vietnam
- Treley Parshingtsang, chef and owner of White Yak
- Hoon Rhee, executive chef at the Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Emily Riddell, chef and owner of Machine Shop Boulangerie
- Amanda Shulman, owner of Her Place Supper Club
- Chutatip ‘Nok’ Suntaranon, owner of Kalaya
- Omar Tate & Cybille St.Aude-Tate, chefs and owners of Honeysuckle Provisions
“The James Beard Foundation is thrilled to bring together such an exceptional group of chefs in the Philadelphia culinary community for our tenth year of Taste America. We are looking forward to celebrating these talented chefs and highlighting their unique stories, culinary creativity, and work in their communities,” said Siobhan Flaherty Haber, vice president of events at the James Beard Foundation, in a press release.
About 400 people are expected to attend, and proceeds from the event will benefit the featured chefs in support of their businesses, as well as James Beard Foundation’s national programming, which is rooted in four priorities within the culinary industry: advocacy, racial equity, sustainability, and women’s leadership.
The event will take place Tuesday, March 28, 2023, at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Premier access will begin at 6 p.m., while general admission starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $175 for general admission and $225 for premier access tickets.
For more information on the James Beard Foundation Taste America 2023 Gala in Philadelphia, click here.