$2 million to support women-led businesses in the Philadelphia region
Interested parties can apply for these resources until June 1st.
MORE IN THIS SECTION
The JVS Philadelphia Fund for Women (JVS Fund), founded by Judith von Seldeneck, a nationally recognized businesswoman, committed leader, and Philadelphia entrepreneur, is accepting applications for its 3rd round of grants.
Von Seldeneck, who is also president of Diversified Search Group, noted:
The opportunity to identify and tap the exceptional talent of women-led enterprises while helping them to mature and grow is and has always been a true passion of mine.
About JVS Fund
Founded in 2021, the JVS Philadelphia Fund for Women Entrepreneurs fuels the rise of women entrepreneurs by providing direct grants to startups and early-stage companies with strong growth potential.
Its goal is to support women with capital and resources and help with growth strategies to ensure their success as women entrepreneurs who make an impact and contribute to their communities.
To date, there have been more than 250 applicants, with more than $775,000 of funds managed through a partnership with Ben Franklin Technology Partners of southeastern Pennsylvania for 15 women-owned businesses.
“Through our commitment to these organizations, we can be a source of capital to women-led enterprises, leverage the experience of established women leaders to provide consulting and advisory services, and connect women CEOs to resources to accelerate their growth,” added von Seldeneck.
Want to nail your next investor pitch?— Gust (@gustly) April 10, 2023
Check out our latest blog for more tips on pitching your business to investors! https://t.co/5eK64VIJop
The awards were given to companies from a wide range of industries, ranging from technology, landscape architecture, unique apparel, as well as health and wellness.
Among those chosen for these grants are:
- SenseV: A micro-vibration, audible, and ultrasonic sound monitoring platform to measure ambient vibration in buildings to determine their suitability for various functions.
- Life Managers: Supports older individuals with the administrative and organizational responsibilities required to age in place.
- Kin Apparel: Is a black woman-owned functional apparel brand specializing in satin-lined hoodies and accessories for hair protection and comfort.
- Studio Sustena: Specializes in landscaping, including innovative landscape architecture, sustainable roof design, and master planning services. They strive to create extraordinary experiences with balance and integrity, transforming how people see and inhabit their daily landscapes.
- Addison Bay: Is chic activewear for the modern woman. Designed for the girl on the go, produced by girls on the go.
- Naturaz: Naturaz: Is a black woman-owned ingredient-conscious product line that is 100% vegan, Non-GMO, and formulated to infuse lasting moisture and nourishment to hair
To receive support from the fund, companies must meet the following requirements:
- JVS Fund grant applicants must be women-led or women-owned businesses located in the Philadelphia region with a focus on professional service businesses and/or product offerings.
- Companies must be in business for at least two years with demonstrated sales of services or products and a path to profitability.
- Applications are reviewed by an Advisory Board comprised of several high-performing local women business leaders and executives.
Applications will be accepted until June 1, 2023.