Vicente Fernández's family announces "slow progression" for the singer
On Monday, Oct. 11, the family of the Mexican singer announced that he is slowly recovering from a fall.
MORE IN THIS SECTION
Over the past few weeks, every Monday, the family of Mexican singer Vicente Fernández has been sharing a new update regarding the singer's medical condition. The latest report indicated that he remains stable, and emphasized that "his respiratory effort is still weak."
The iconic Mexican singer has been hospitalized at the Country 2000 Hospital in Guadalajara, Jalisco for more than two months.
The Fernández family thanked the public and press for the concern shown fo the "charro de Huentitán."
"His family has been by his side in this process of illness since his hospital admission, which has limited his quality of life and is now continuously dependent on specialized health care," said a publicist.
In the press release issued by Vicente Fernández Jr., it became known that due to the type of illness, Fernández remains in a stationary state "with slow progression, which is why he does not show transcendental changes in his state of health. He is currently stable, awake, conscious and interacting with his family at the time of his visit."
"Fortunately he is responding well to treatments. He is not sedated, he knows perfectly well. So far he does not have any complications, but he is responding very well to his treatments," said Fernández's eldest son.
Fernández Jr. also made a brief live broadcast on Instagram to clarify the situation regarding the health condition of his father, who completed two months in the hospital after suffering a fall at his ranch, "Los tres potrillos."
"I am very grateful to all the people who were informed, who asked, who kindly. They did not find out about news that the media put out, which unfortunately are not professional, that they put out for talking to the friend of a friend of a friend of a friend," he said.