Planning for Valentine's Day? St. Jude Children's Research Hospital has got you covered
What about a present to celebrate love and help children with cancer?
MORE IN THIS SECTION
Every year, Feb 14 is celebrated in the United States and in other parts of the world as Valentine's Day. With the date quickly approaching, many people are likely scrambling in an attempt to figure out what to get their significant others. St. Jude Children's Research Hospital has a number of options.
A special mid-week reminder from St. Jude patient Levi! pic.twitter.com/fxU0skaRte— St. Jude (@StJude) January 25, 2023
Gifts that help to heal
“Celebrate your love for others and help fight childhood cancer this Valentine’s Day by purchasing a gift through the St. Jude Gift Shop, while supporting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Every child deserves a chance to live their best life and celebrate every moment. When you support St. Jude, you help give kids with cancer around the world that chance,” wrote the organization.
St. Jude also emphasized that the purchase of each of these gifts helps ensure that no family receives a bill for treatment, travel, lodging, or food, so they can focus only on helping their children.
The gift list
Some of the options that the St. Jude Gift Shop offers to celebrate love include:
- For the decorator: An I Love Us heart frame, Love is Kind box sign, and LOVE 3D wooden sign are wonderful ways to show your love for St. Jude at home (St. Jude Gift Shop, $10.00, $3.99 and $5.99).
- For the coffee and donut lover: A ceramic latte mug by Coton Colors is adorned with colorful donuts inspired by art created by St. Jude patient Ty (St. Jude Gift Shop, $16.00).
- For the child who loves classic games: A connect in a row game and tumbling tower wood block stacking game are perfect for family game night (St. Jude Gift Shop, both $18.00).
- For the runner: A unisex Apple Watch band featuring art by St. Jude patient Jean is the right fit for tracking running workouts no matter what the season. (St. Jude Gift Shop, $20.00).
- For the fashionista: A houndstooth tote with a cosmetic bag insert and debossed St. Jude logo is the perfect way to show off their support on the go (St. Jude Gift Shop, $55.00).
- For a gift that keeps on giving: Become a St. Jude Partner in Hope and receive a special This Shirt Saves Lives shirt while supporting St. Jude monthly ($19 a month).
Additionally, you can bring a smile to a St. Jude patient by sending a virtual Valentine's Day card inspired by the art of St. Jude patients.
Get to know: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
It is the only comprehensive cancer center designated by the National Cancer Institute dedicated exclusively to children. When St. Jude opened its doors in 1962, childhood cancer was considered incurable. Since then, St. Jude has helped increase the overall survival rate from 20% to more than 80%, and it won't stop until no child dies of cancer.
LEAVE A COMMENT:
Join the discussion! Leave a comment.