J Balvin and his wellness app join the celebration of Mental Health Awareness Month
The Hispanic community is one of the most affected by problems associated with the lack of specialized care.
MORE IN THIS SECTION
Chispa, the largest dating app made for Latinos, celebrates this month by announcing a new partnership with OYE, the bilingual creative wellness app from the global superstar launched in 2022 to disrupt the wellness category through the concept of transforming emotions in creative actions.
Highlighting how Hispanics are disproportionately affected in the mental health crisis that the United States is going through, Chispa noted some worrying figures that demonstrate the urgent need to receive this type of services:
- According to research from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 40.3% of Hispanics experienced symptoms of depression, compared to 25.3% of whites.
- The American Psychiatric Association cites disparities in access and quality of mental health treatment, with language barriers, lack of insurance, and culturally tailored services, as some of the top barrier to mental health.
- According to Latinx in College, the first dating app-led research study on Hispanics in college, 60% of Gen Z Hispanics say mental health is the top source of stress.
Light in the Darkness
Chispa asked its users for more information on this issue, directly from the source:
- Self-care aware: 88% of Chispa users surveyed claimed they practice self-care
- Emotional wellness = happy couples: over 94% agree that emotional wellness is something they value in a match or partner.
- The value of vulnerability and honesty: 87% believe that being open about their emotions helps them connect with others at deeper levels.
“This partnership was born to offer Latine singles the tools to do emotional check ins and practice emotional wellness as they search for a partner and make connections,” points out Chispa.
Mi gente ya conocen OYE? Creamos esta app para mejorar la calidad de vida. OYE tiene maneras de ayudar a subir la energía y tener la vibra en alta, lo más chimba es que está en Ingles y Español. También está disponible para Android y Iphone https://t.co/Y0Iem4Xliq aqui les dejo. pic.twitter.com/2ksXl27ObI— J BALVIN (@JBALVIN) September 29, 2022
As part of this collaboration, Chispa will introduce a new collection of in-app stickers called My Wellness Vibes, developed in conjunction with OYE, which will allow users of the dating app to share their ‘emotional vibes’ with others.
For their part, Latino singles will have access to a new package of emotional well-being tips, as well as videos to help them engage with others and deepen their connections.
Users will have access to videos weekly during Mental Health Awareness Month, which will be led by 5 different OYE trainers with English content available with Spanish subtitles.
Each week will feature a different pillar, from emotional check-ins to affirmations and mindful movement.