OUR COMPANY'S CULTURE:
AL DÍA takes pride in having a work culture that respects and engages the individual's personal initiative and, in a very unique case in Philadelphia, prioritizes the growth of the team members as part of the strategy for our company's growth.
When we win, we all win together.
WHO WE ARE:
AL DÍA's company culture was defined by the unique way the company came about. This is a 25-year old journalists-owned and operated news media business —a start-up born in the home of its founder in North Philadelphia— now headquartered in the heart of the business district of Center City, staffed by a team of professionals of all ethnic backgrounds working together to amplify diverse voices over the news media spectrum and contribute in an unique way to the future of journalism in our city and our country.
We provide a unique environment for professionals with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the market place, or mid-career professionals in search of a meaningful career change, interested in a comprehensive and hands-on experience leading to a new career path and outstanding opportunity in the changing media business.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Propose and execute innovative ideas to bring exceptional value to the market place, working on a wide range of new opportunities. From content marketing production, crowd-sourcing editorial projects, event creation on multimedia platforms, Social Media marketing, Podcast and Video, to traditional promotional and advertising areas.
- Prepare presentations and structure proposals on quality products connected to the needs of our clients.
- Imagine new ways to bring solutions to the market place and generate growth for our clients using a dozen products AL DIA now offers, beyond traditional advertising.
- Propose, plan and execute funding initiatives for quality Journalism from the Foundation sector.
- Passion for independent new media and quality journalism.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Personal initiative, self-motivation and strict time management skills.
- Voracious work ethic and great attitude to exceed goals and expectations.
- Solutions-oriented approach to challenges.
- Able to set priorities and be highly organized.
- Rigorous ethical standards and personal integrity.
- Interest in leadership and management opportunities.
- Hold a university degree and have a minimum of 5 years of work experience.
- Available immediately for a full time commitment.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Work in Center City Philadelphia, the heart of the financial district and the new capital for young professionals in the US.
- Network at AL DÍA events hosted in venues such as the Pyramid Club and the Philadelphia Union League.
- Enjoy AL DÍA staff 'happy hour', known as "Viva Viernes!", for a drink together and direct interaction with the company’s leadership.
- Learn an thrive in a bilingual & multicultural environment.
- Take abundant time off to replenish and come back even more creative. Based on seniority, AL DIA offers up to a month of vacation, holidays and personal days.
- Enjoy our open office space, equipped with the AL DIA Lounge where you can sit, relax, have a drink or a meal, or listen to your I-Pod during breaks.
- Stretch and stay fit in the fully equipped gym in our building, one minute away from your work space.
- AL DÍA is one of the country’s most innovative and agile news media companies in the East Coast.
- AL DIA is like a start-up, but with the great advantage of having 20 years of business experience.
- We understand the high social responsibility of news media, but also we have developed strong social networks and mastered business practices to make media self-sustaining and independent.
- If you are like us, "creative, funny and a little bit weird", and also "brave and unafraid to confront challenges", as two of AL DIA's "Core Values" reads, come for a visit and consider joining us.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter directly to our Founder and CEO at: [email protected].