Do you have sharp editorial instincts?
Do you have a passion for digital journalism?
Do you believe the best of Latino experience in the U.S. is yet to be written?
Do you like to work with creative teams who believe in working hard for that purpose and having fun at the same time?
If so, then we want you to apply for a position with us!
AL DÍA News Media seeks a content producer who is able to create original content using speed, creativity, and expert news judgment.
This position will cover a wide range of news themes covering the best of the Latino American experience, including politics, culture, education, business, corporate leadership, and technology. Must be an avid follower of news sites and be extremely social media savvy.
- Create at least 3 daily articles/posts on aldianews.com of original and curated content
- Keep the site updated with digital postings that will include the missing Latino perspective.
- Input and manage multiple stories in our content management system.
- Write eye-catching headlines and enticing tweets.
- Basic video and photo shooting and editing to prepare content for web publishing.
- Avid social media user to propagate all web stories on aldianews.com social media handles, and personal social media.
- Monitor traffic trends and help staffers and contributors to capitalize on it.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Passion for digital news media and Latino issues.
- Must be a social media superstar and have a real audience following.
- Must have a love for storytelling and engaging with a digital audience.
- Ability to multitask and wear many hats and be a team player.
- Ability to work independently when required.
- Must want to change the world!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field
- Basic knowledge of HTML, video editing (Final Cut Pro) and Adobe Photoshop
- 1-3 years of work experience in a news gathering, writing, producing, multimedia news editing and desktop editing
It's definitely a plus if you speak some Spanish, so let us know if you do. Don't speak Spanish but can handle the above? You're still the person for us.
AL DÍA is one of the East Coast preeminent news organizations. We're a family company, so being a team player is a must. Everyone works together to make the company successful.
But if you're a funny and positive person who's ready for a challenge? This is the place for you!