The story behind the Pope mural
Irving Viveros summarizes the whole process of the development of the Pope mural in a 7 min. video.
MORE IN THIS SECTION
- A mural: created by the City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Programs and painted by more than 5,000 people on 17 days.
- 1 lead artist, César Viveros.
- 4,239-square-foot work of art (with 12 figures depicted) consisting of 153 individual panels.
- 330 gallons of mural paint, 556 shades of color hand-mixed by Viveros and 1,606,688 brushstrokes.
- More than half of a year of work.
These are the numbers of the mural which celebrates the historic visit of Pope Francis to Philadelphia, and which broke a Guinness record today.
The graphic designer and filmmaker Irving Viveros summarizes the past months in a 7 min. video: