SMALL ENGINE MECHANIC
Repair and maintain small engines, lawn equipment, mowers, tillers, chain saws, snow blowers and other related company-owned equipment for a landscape contractor. Main responsibilities include diagnosing and repairing two-cycle and four-cycle engines engines and completing annual service. Additionally, care for a fleet of 20 commercial mowers and work closely with outside repair shops for truck maintenance.
This is a year-round part-time position, semi-retired mechanics accepted. Or with the option of full time but performing other duties in addition to mechanical work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Discuss equipment issues, maintenance plans, and work performed with foremen and workers
- Perform routine engine maintenance, such as lubricating parts and replacing spark plugs
- Test and inspect engines for malfunctioning parts
- Repair or replace worn, defective, or broken parts
- Reassemble and reinstall components and engines following repairs
- Maintain the inventory of all company equipment
- Physical Requirements
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
- Driver’s license required
CONTACT INFO: [email protected] (610)284-4400