A full time LICENSED BEHAVIORAL CONSULTANT ABA (LBC-ABA) provides mental health services to children/adolescents with serious mental health disturbances in the home, school, or community, in order to sustain placement in the natural environment. They will collaborate with other BHRS/IBHS team members (i.e. TSS/BHT, MT, other clinical and administrative staff), as well as parents and teachers in the child’s community context. The LBC formulates individualized treatment plans, including a variety of individualized behavioral interventions, to address the areas of need identified in clients’ bio-psycho-social evaluations. The LBC provides consultation to TSS/BHT, MT, and other involved adults in the planning, design, and implementation of the treatment plan. Clinicians will have a rotating case load consisting of cases that need immediate attention and support as well as new cases in programs.
- Experience and training working with children with Autism and their families
- Licensed Clinician (LPC, LMFT, LCSW, LSW, LBS, CRNP or a professional whose scope of practice includes ABA
ONE of the following:
- BCaBA Certification
- 1 year providing ABA under the supervision of a BCBA and 12 ABA credits
- 1 year providing ABA under the supervision of a BCBA and 40 hours of BACB approved training
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university in an appropriate clinical mental health discipline
- Preferred experience in Verbal Behavior Techniques, PRT and DTT
- Preferred experience and training in Functional Behavioral Assessment and VB-Mapp
- Preferred bi-lingual in Spanish
- Must have or willing to complete verification of the following:
- Must have current State clearances for Child Abuse, Criminal Records, and Contagious Diseases health screening.
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must demonstrate genuine empathy and concern for individuals as indicated in our corporate vision, mission, and values statements.
- Must be able to demonstrate sensitivity in all oral and written communications in regards to persons served within the agency.
- Adhere to applicable city, county, state, and federal laws and regulations, internal and CARF standards.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (and other duties as assigned)
- The LBC-ABA will work in collaboration with other providers to develop and implement a behavioral modification plan utilizing strengths-based and empathetic methods
- LBC-ABA will implement empirically supported treatments for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- LBC-ABA will be involved in providing ongoing feedback regarding the continued need for such services, as a least restrictive level of care.
- The LBC-ABA will provide a minimum of 28 billable client hours per week.
- Services are provided in schools, home and other community settings.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract