HVAC Mechanic B (2nd Shift)
Blue Bell and Pottstown, PA
*One position available at each location
Montgomery County Community College invites applications for the HVAC Mechanic B positions at our Blue Bell and Pottstown campuses. The HVAC Mechanic B properly maintains all HVAC equipment on campus.
*These positions have college-wide responsibilities that require travel between campuses and to offsite locations.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Technical/trade school diploma or certificate may be required
- 3+ years of work related experience required
- Knowledge of servicing low pressure steam boilers preferred
- CFC Universal Certificate required
- Valid PA Driver’s License required
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be physically capable of performing all duties on job description
- Must be able to communicate effectively
Additional Information Required:
- Ability to read, write, and follow routine instructions
- Ability to use discretion and judgment may be required
- Ability to work within a team oriented setting
- Must be able to work in all climates and in all types of weather.
- Must be able to perform repetitive movements.
- Must be able to carry 80 lb. loads and support weight in sometimes awkward positions.
- Must be able to climb stairs and walk all areas of the campus.
- Must be able to identify colors.
Montgomery County Community College offers a comprehensive curriculum of more than 100 degree and certificate programs, a Virtual Campus, a Culinary Arts Institute, a Municipal Police Academy, and specialized workforce development programs, all of which leverage the College’s nationally ranked use of innovative technology. An Achieving the Dream (AtD) Leader College, the institution is positioned at the vanguard of national efforts to increase completion, improve learning outcomes, and remove barriers to access for more than 24,000 students annually. The College is also recognized regionally and nationally for its sustainability leadership, work with military veterans, and community service and service learning opportunities. Montgomery County Community College was recognized by NISOD and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education as one of sixteen “2021 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges.” Visit mc3.edu or join us on Twitter @mccc.
Apply online: For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit https://www.mc3.edu/employment-opportunities These positions are open until filled.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.