Rep. Cruz to lead Latino state legislators
Under the leadership of State Rep. Angel Cruz, the newly elected president of the National Hispanic Caucus of State Legislators, the caucus released a list of the members who will be serving along with Cruz on the NHCSL’s Leadership Board.
- First Vice President: Sen. Carmelo J. Ríos Santiago, Puerto Rico
- Vice President for Membership: Rep. Mark Archuleta Wheatley, Utah
- Vice President for Public Policy: Rep. Pedro Marín, Georgia
- Secretary: Sen. Donovan M. Dela Cruz, Hawaii
- Treasurer: House Deputy Majority Leader Juan Candelaria, Connecticut
- Immediate Past President: Senate President Eduardo Bhatia, Puerto Rico
In a statement, Cruz said he looks forward to joining his fellow Hispanic legislators in moving the discussion of Latino issues in the U.S. in a positive direction. "Together, I know we can work in the best interests of the growing Hispanic population around the country and better the quality of life for all our Latinos constituents," he said.
The National Hispanic Caucus of State Legislators, founded in 1989, serves the mission of being the foremost organization serving and representing the interests of Hispanic state legislators from all states, commonwealths and territories of the United States.
Cruz previously served as vice president of the caucus and has also previously served in the United States Hispanic Leadership Conference and the National Association of Latino Elected Officials.