Intrapreneurs wanted: The AL DÍA case
I wrote this e-mail to our team recently on one fundamental aspect of our company’s culture.
I read up this weekend on a subject a member of our team made us aware about a few weeks ago.
The subject of "INTRAPRENEURSHIP," which I believe is fundamental we all understand well, as it is deep-rooted in our past, and, more importantly, it should remain connected to our destiny as an independent company — built from scratch, and journalist-owned and operated from the very beginning.
Here are some points to keep in mind:
I found them naturally connected to AL DÍA's evolution and organic growth over the past two decades. They've been naturally embedded in our organization's culture from day one. So much so that I am not aware of them all the time and, as result, often neglect to communicate them explicitly.
This is a quick catch up.
We are essentially:
- Dreamers who DO. We love dreams but prefer goals, which are “dreams with a deadline."
- Innovators who can “picture it” in their mind, but also have the courage to take hands-on responsibility on execution.
- Self-starters happy to belong to an organization that provides ample freedom to think outside the box and constant encouragement to take the simple approach of "learning by doing".
- Creators who command self-motivation, creativity, and proactivity, always moving towards an actual result.
- Independent professionals who make conventional management passé and in its absence act on personal initiative — getting things done without being asked to do so.
AL DÍA is a company that lives on individual INTRAPRENEURIAL attitude — making all the team members participants in the company's evolution by opening their minds and encouraging their personal growth.
As we continue supporting and cultivating the spirit of INTRAPRENEURSHIP in our ranks it is vital that we all understand this simple premise:
- If individuals don't grow, taking on roles that demand creativity, effort and leadership, the company doesn't grow.
And grow we must, as we have done over the past 20 years —— standing and walking on our own legs and organically growing by the impulse of our very own sweat equity.
We are in this together and I want you to know I personally cherish everyone of you who has chosen to be part of this uncommon enterprise.