AL DÍA's 2021 Top Doctors Forum adds music and an accomplished emcee
The fourth annual AL DÍA Top Doctors Forum will take place virtually on Wednesday, Jan. 27.
The 2021 AL DÍA Top Doctors Forum is fast approaching, and AL DÍA is excited to make two new announcements for the upcoming event.
The first announcement is that Francisco Fullana will be the musical act for the virtual event.
Fullana is a Spanish-born violinist and the winner of the 2018 Avery Fisher Career Grant, a grant given to solo instrumentalists who have demonstrated outstanding achievement and excellence in music.
A native of Mallorca in the Balearic Islands of Spanish, Fullana is both a performer and leader of innovative educational institutions.
As an orchestral soloist, he has performed at some of the world’s most prestigious venues, with some of the most well-known conductors ever.
He has performed the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto with the Bayerische Philharmonie led by the late Sir Colin Davis, the Sibelius Concerto with the Münchner Rundfunkorchester, and the Brahms Violin Concerto with Venezuela’s Teresa Carreño Orchestra under the baton of Gustavo Dudamel.
He has also soloed with the City of Birmingham, Vancouver, Pacific, Alabama and Madrid Symphonies as well as the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra and the Spanish Radio Television Orchestra, and has worked with noted conductors, such as Hans Graf, Carlos Izcaray, Pablo Mielgo, Dirk Brossé, Álavaro Albiach, Adrian Leaper, Justin Brown, Víctor Pablo Pérez, Salvador Brotons, Philippe Bender, Alondra de la Parra, Christoph Poppen, Jose Luis Gomez, Jeannette Sorrell, and Joshua Weilerstein.
In addition to this news, AL DÍA is excited to announce that Ali Gorman will be the special emcee for the 2021 AL DÍA Top Doctors Forum.
Gorman is the Health and Medical Reporter with Action News, a role she’s held since 2008. Gorman has also worked as a registered nurse for several years, as well as a Nurse Corps officer in the U.S. Navy.
A native of South Jersey, Gorman graduated from Eastern High School in Voorhees, New Jersey, before going on to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree from Georgetown University.
Beyond these two announcements, the 2021 AL DÍA Top Doctors Forum and Reception will be a celebration of the new generation medical professionals enriching diversity in the top health organizations in the Mid-Atlantic Region and beyond.
At the event, AL DÍA will be honoring 12 physicians from the region — 10 will be honored with a Top Doctors award, one will be honored with the Emerging Leader award, and one will be honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award — for their contributions.
The honorees are as followed:
- Dr. Rita Guevara, assistant dean of diversity, equity and inclusion at Drexel University's College of Medicine
- Dr. Hector Colon Rivera, medical director of Asociación de Puertorriqueños en Marcha (APM)
- Dr. Jesus Eduardo Rame, enterprise chief of advanced cardiac and pulmonary vascular disease programs at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals
- Dr. Iris Reyes, physician and professor of clinical emergency medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- Dr. Johanna Vidal-Phelan, senior medical director of pediatrics at UPMC
- Dr. Christian Pizarro, director of cardiac CT in the division of pediatric cardiothoracic surgery as part of the Nemours Children’s Health System
- Dr. Juan Diaz Quiñones, director of general obstetrics and gynecology at Temple University Hospital
- Dr. Fermin Garcia, director of the electrophysiology laboratory at Pennsylvania Hospital and an associate professor of medicine at the Perelman School of Medicine
- Dr. Generosa Grana, director of the MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper University Hospital
- Dr. Sadia Benzaquen, chair of pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine of the Einstein Health Network.
- Dr. Bryan J. Romero, internal medicine specialist at Reading Hospital under Tower Health
- Dr. Jose A. Bossbaly, internal medicine specialist at Mercado Medical Practice
This event will take place on Jan. 27. To purchase a ticket for the virtual event, click here.