There's three new dates for South America's Qatar’s World Cup qualifiers
October brings a new FIFA date with three games in South American qualifiers for Qatar 2022 — a competition dominated by Brazil.
With nine games played (eight for Brazil and Argentina while the fate of the previous suspended game is still being worked out), on Thursday, Oct. 7, the South American qualifiers return for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar 2022.
The new triple date — a measure taken due to postponements caused by the pandemic — sees Brazil with an almost perfect score and classified as safe, looking at all others from above and seeking to continue dominating the competition to arrive as a serious favorite at the World Cup. In addition to the games on Thursday, Oct. 7, South American teams will also see action on Sunday, Oct. 10, and Thursday, Oct. 14.
Along with the return of the stars of world football to their national teams, the presence of fans in the stands is something to note. Although they cannot fill all the seats due to the capacity control, they will accompany the teams in good numbers on the three dates.
1. Brazil (1 game less) 24 points / 17 in goal difference
2. Argentina (1 game less) 18 points / 9 in goal difference
3. Uruguay 15 points / 3 in goal difference
4. Ecuador 13 points / 5 in goal difference
5. Colombia 13 points / 0 in goal difference
6. Paraguay 11 points / -2 in goal difference
7. Peru 8 points / -9 in goal difference
8. Chile 7 points / -3 in goal difference
9. Bolivia 6 points / -10 in goal difference
10. Venezuela 4 points / -10 in goal difference
What to expect from the three FiFA dates in October:
- Paraguay vs. Argentina (18:00 GMT-5) Defensores del Chaco Stadium, Asunción, Paraguay.
- Uruguay vs. Colombia (18:00 GMT-5) Gran Parque Central Stadium, Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Venezuela vs. Brazil (18:30 GMT-5) Olympic Stadium of the UCV, Caracas, Venezuela.
- Ecuador vs. Bolivia (19:30 GMT-5) Banco Pichincha Monumental Stadium, Quito, Ecuador.
- Peru vs. Chile (20:00 GMT-5) National Stadium of Lima, Lima, Peru.
- Bolivia vs. Peru (15:00 GMT-5) Hernando Siles Stadium, La Paz, Bolivia.
- Venezuela vs. Ecuador (15:30 GMT-5) Olympic Stadium of the UCV, Caracas, Venezuela.
- Colombia vs. Brazil (16:00 GMT-5) Metropolitan Stadium of Barranquilla, Colombia.
- Argentina vs. Uruguay (18:30 GMT-5) Monumental Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Chile vs. Paraguay (19:00 GMT-5) San Carlos de Apoquindo Stadium, Santiago de Chile, Chile.
- Bolivia vs. Paraguay (15:00 GMT-5) Hernando Siles Stadium, La Paz, Bolivia.
- Colombia vs. Ecuador (16:00 GMT-5) Metropolitan Stadium of Barranquilla.
- Argentina vs. Peru (18:30 GMT-5) Monumental Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Chile vs. Venezuela (19:00 GMT-5) San Carlos de Apoquindo Stadium, Santiago de Chile, Chile.
- Brazil vs. Uruguay (19:30 GMT-5) Arena Amazonía Stadium, Flores Manaus, Brazil.
Let us remember that for the Qatar 2022 World Cup, the qualifiers deliver four direct places and an additional place that will be contested through a play-off.