OUR COMPANY'S CULTURE:
AL DÍA takes pride in having a work culture that respects and engages the individual's personal initiative and, in a very unique case in Philadelphia, prioritizes the growth of the team members as part of the strategy for our company's growth.
When we win, we all win together!
WHO WE ARE:
AL DÍA is a journalist-owned and operated news media business, staffed by a team of young and energetic professionals of all ethnic backgrounds. We provide a practical and comprehensive training program for college graduates from any discipline with 1-2 years of experience in the market place, or mid-career professionals in search of a meaningful career change, interested in a truly hands-on experience in the news media business.
Participants have daily interaction with all departments, from editorial, design, marketing, events, audiovisual, and IT, all the way to business administration and business development.
- Propose, plan, and execute innovative ideas to bring exceptional value to the market place.
- Prepare proposals and presentations on quality products connected to the needs of our customers.
- Imagine new ways of approaching projects that bring solutions to the market place and generate growth for our clients.
- Propose, plan and generate funding initiatives for journalism from the Foundation sector.
- Propose, plan and get off the ground unique content creation through crowd-funding.
- Help develop audience and support for ALDIAnews.com, using smart content, sound social media practices, and innovative use of video and pod-casting.
- Get involved in initiatives to further AL DÍA brand recognition, mission and 20-year practice of independent journalism.
- Passion for journalism and new media.
- Personal initiative, self-motivation and strong time management skills.
- Rigorous ethical standards and personal integrity.
- Voracious work ethic and great attitude to exceed goals and expectations.
- Solutions-oriented approach to challenges.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Word and Final cut.
- Able to set priorities and be highly organized.
- Strong attention to details.
- Brave and unafraid to confront challenges.
- Interest in leadership and management opportunities.
- Hold a university degree and have a minimum of 2 years of work experience.
- Available immediately for a full time commitment.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Work in Center City Philadelphia, the heart of the financial district and the new capital for young professionals in the US.
- Network with our city's leaders at our events hosted in venues such as the Pyramid Club and the Union League of Philadelphia.
- Enjoy our weekly staff happy hour, known as "Viva Viernes!", for direct interaction with the company’s leadership.
- Learn in a bilingual & multicultural environment. Cultural integration, diversity, and inclusion run in our blood and are our greatest assets as a company.
- Propose and see own ideas implemented. Weekly team meetings allow you participate in the collective effort to make AL DIA a better organization.
- Take abundant time off to replenish and come back even more creative. Based on seniority, AL DIA offers up to a month of vacation, holidays and personal days.
- Enjoy our open office space, equipped with the AL DIA Lounge where you can sit, relax, and listen to your i-Pod.
- Become a member of a fully equipped gym in the same building, one minute away from your work space.
- Participate in a retirement plan with our company's match contribution. As a member of the team, you take part in the company's profits, in addition to your competitive compensation.
- AL DÍA is one of the country’s most innovative and agile news media companies, built by journalists, totally from scratch. We understand the high social responsibility of the profession and we also have mastered business practices to make it self-sustaining and independent.
- AL DIA is like a start-up, but with the great advantage of having already 20 years of business experience under our belt.
- If you are like us, "creative, funny and a little bit weird", and also "brave and unafraid to confront challenges", come for a visit and consider joining us.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are a great candidate for this unconventional career opportunity.
Write today directly to our Founder and CEO at: [email protected].