Do you have sharp editorial instincts and an entrepreneurial drive? Do you get excited about social media? Do you like digital media? Do you like to work with creative teams that believe in working hard and having fun at the same time? If so, then we want you to apply for a position with us!
AL DÍA News Media seeks a Content Producer to support aldianews.com. Content Producer must be able create original content using speed, creativity and expert news judgment.
This position will cover a wide range of news themes, including politics, culture and technology. Must be an avid follower of news sites and be extremely social media savvy.
- Create at least 3 daily articles/posts on aldianews.com of original and curated content
- Keep site updated with blurbs/postings that will accompany videos and other media
- Monitor news and alert staff and contributors to aid their coverage
- Input and manage multiple stories in content management system
- Write eye-catching headlines and enticing tweets
- Basic video and photo shooting and editing to prepare content for web publishing
- Monitor traffic trends and help staffers and contributors to capitalize on it.
- Create photo galleries for stories and landing pages
- Avid social media user to propagate all web stories, on aldianews.com social media handles first, and personal second
- Support staff and contributors
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Passion for news media, digital media and Latino issues
- Must be a social media superstar and have a real audience following
- Must have a love for storytelling and engaging with a digital audience
- Ability to multitask and wear many hats and be a team player
- Ability to work independently when required
- Must want to change the world!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field
- Basic knowledge of HTML, video editing (Final Cut Pro) and Adobe Photoshop
- 1-3 years of work experience in news gathering, writing, producing, multimedia news editing and desktop editing
It's definitely a plus if you speak some Spanish, so let us know if you do. Don't speak Spanish, but can handle the above? You're still the person for us.
AL DÍA is one of the region's preeminent news company's, and we're looking to grow rapidly. We're a family company, so being a team player is a must. Everyone works together to make the company successful. If you're looking for a corner office and a reserved parking spot, this probably won't be a fit.
But if you're a funny and positive person who's ready for a challenge? This is the place for you!