The primary purpose of the job is to :
- Primarily responsible for supporting media relations strategies and messaging that serve to protect and advance the reputation of ACFC with a variety of external constituencies.
- Working with regional manager, media relations, help identify and develop opportunities to raise the profile of AmeriHealth Caritas brands with target audiences in mainstream and trade media
- Monitor target publications to identify the interests of journalists and AmeriHealth Caritas alignment with key propositions and messages
- Maintain a database of press coverage
- Regularly pitch – and successfully place – positive stories about ACFC and its LOBs
- Develop relationships with media and handle media outreach strategies for optimal results
- Assist in the development of press releases, FAQs, talking points, media statements, fact sheets, backgrounders, opeds, and bylines
- Monitor industry for issues that may impact the company or its line of business
- Assist in the development of issues management statements, talking points and Q and A, as needed
- Develop and execute media strategies for special events/ community relations
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, or similar field. Ability to develop well written, clear and compelling copy quickly. Strong critical thinking skills, can anticipate media questions and craft e ective messaging. Familiarity with social media. Strong pitching skills, demonstrated success making media placements.
- Demonstrated success building relationships with reporters.
- Excellent researching, writing, editing, and proofreading skills.