Under the supervision of the Academic Affairs Director, the Instructor will be responsible for teaching the Commercial/Industrial Electricity class at Orleans Technical College.
- Provide instruction in the basics of commercial electricity with emphasis on safety, mathematics, NEC 2014 code, electrical motors, controllers, and PLCs.
- Supervise students in hands-on trades tasks
- Provide evaluation of students’ on hands-on activities
- Provide testing of students’ knowledge of theory; maintain student attendance and grade rosters
- Prepare curricula materials
- Union benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Medical and dental
- Paid sick and vacation time
- 10-12 paid holidays per year
Skills & Requirements:
- 3+ years related work experience required
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.