With United Airlines, there are now 10 Latino CEOs at Fortune 500 companies
United Airlines announced this week that Oscar Muñoz has been named president and CEO of the company.
"It is truly a privilege to serve as United's CEO,” said Muñoz, who will also continue to serve on the company’s board of directors. “United has an incredible opportunity for improving an experience that is essential to the vitality of global business and to the personal lives of millions of people, for innovation, and for earnings growth.”
Prior to joining United Airlines, Muñoz served as president and CFO of CSX Corporation. He also served in senior financial and strategic capacities at AT&T, Coca-Cola and Pepsico.
With Muñoz’s appointment, there are now only 10 Latino CEOs at the top 500 companies. Among them:
- George Paz, at Express Scripts (to retire in May)
- Carlos Rodriguez, Automatic Data Processing (ADP)
- J. Paul Raines, GameStop
- Joseph Alvarado, Commercial Metals Company
- Robert E. Sanchez, Ryder System Inc.
- J. Mario Molina, Molina Healthcare
- Mary T. Barra, General Motors
- Marcelo Claure, Sprint
- Richard A. Gonzalez, AbbVie